Sunday, January 13, 2008

Peace In The Middle East

2008 would have marked the 10th anniversary of our "Peace in the Middle East" New Years Dinner. This year; however, my husband thought he had a better ticket and forfeited our traditional sit down on the floor dinner for another shin-dig. Only because I am still large and post-partum, I gave him a pass.

I had this bright idea last Thursday, that rather than waiting for a full year, we would invite some of our favorite neighbors for an impromptu Peace dinner. I called our local Indian chef to prepare our meal and we had an incredible evening. The food was perfect and the conversation was everything but prim, proper, and neighborly. It was divine! For the first time in the history of "Peace", we treated our guests to chairs; we knew the time would come... Today, my wine cellar (the bottom of my pantry) is 10 bottles of wine & 2 bottles champagne leaner. I on the other hand, am quite the opposite.




super houston interior designer karen B. & henry



a little food; a litte fancy

you can't call it a party without at least 2 gay friends (the one on the right is an incredible architect )



2 former new orlean's girls who now shake up houston with botox injections & their philanthropic activities


Thank you friends for joining us for Peace. Here is to Peace in 2008!

1 comment:

Lavender Chick said...

Darn! I just hate to miss a party...