Sunday, January 6, 2008

How Modern Is My Modern Kitchen?





Bob is "thinking about" embarking on a new kitchen design for the home I grew up in. I was looking through my design magazines for inspiration (because my creativity has petered out), and I realized how wonderful his kitchen, featuring the Frigidaire Flair, referenced above, is. I will try and post photos of the actual house and kitchen...however; until then, I am sure you will have no problem visualizing it because so many of us grew up in similar 1960's ranch style houses-- one story, brick, 2 car car garage, entry hall, formal living, den, sliding-glass doors leading to the patio.. Back to the dreamy Fridgidaire combinataion double oven and stove... It was featured on Bewitched, and I knew by watching reruns in the 70's that we must have been on to something.

At any rate as I close... how did I go from super-glam-post-modern-roots to this 1920's service style kitchen ?

4 comments:

Lavender Chick said...

I love that Fridgidaire Flair! Bob, if you read this, please don't get rid of the Fridgidaire Flair... It's all I have left of my childhood, being that someone sold all my Barbies and Raggedy Ann's in a garage sale.

dwb said...

Is this where you sign? Hey do you know Micah from the blog next door? I would really like to get me a bottle of that F-R-E-E brain enhancing stuff that makes you a millionaire while working from home. Anyway, the only childhood memory i have of that stove is that Robert Slight had one too. Now that brings back memories... so I have plenty if you run out Deb. Back to blog - this is absolutely the best blog i have ever read in all my blog reading life. Micah can't hold a candle.

Design Block said...

Thank you DWB. It is going to get even better.

Painted Groove Girl said...

There will never be anyone with the "flair" of Bob cooking up some bacon and eggs and pancakes on that Fridgidare Flair. He simply cannot get rid of it. Like Lavender Chick, my parents acquired me a baby sister who murdered all my dolls. All of them except Thumbelina.